Sunday, September 27, 2015

Insane Game Last Night!Mets Clinch!

Needless to say ,today was a good day.All because of last nights Mets victory over the Reds to clinch the NL East.I've been wrecking my brain a little ,trying to determine who the team MVP should be.And then It hit me.It's really a no brainer imo.Jeurys the Damaja!Jeurys Familia for those not hip to NY City 90's Hip Hop.With 42 saves on the season,there's no telling where this team would be right now had It not been for Familia stepping up big and taking over the closer spot when Mejia tested positive for PED's.If you were to take away just a quarter of the total amount of  saves from Familia this year, I'm not so sure we end up In first.He's the unsung hero that never got alot of headlines,and should have.A gentle giant on the mound,Familia shows minimal emotion out there after every save,but manages to get the job done whenever called upon .The truth Is,every Met gave It their all this year and this division win was truly a team effort. Now I can relax and stop checking my phone compulsively for score updates until playoff time :)





No comments:

Post a Comment