Saturday, December 17, 2016

Donruss Football 50 Card Box

Nope,no Ezekial or Dak yet :(  In fact,these 50 card boxes are light on rookies and heavy on inserts .I did manage to pull a Rookie Phenom Jersey card but nobody special.








I really love this Marino!So true to the 87 Donruss cards of way back,they even botched the centering!Jokes aside ,this really Is a great card.Probably my favorite out of the box.

Marisa Miller Is a Victoria's Secret model/actress/fan of the game (apparently). I'm not a huge fan of non athletes adorning sports related cardboard but I kind of like these cards.They have gold foil border that looks better In hand than in this pic. 


Kevin Hogan got a little playing time a few weeks back for the ailing Cleveland Browns and led the team   In rushing with 104 yards.That's pretty much the highlight of his 2016 season.He projects to be a great back up with starter potential down the road.  

I think there are 200 Rated Rookies In this set so my chances of pulling ones I want will be slim with these 50 card boxes.They yield only two Rated Rookies  and a couple of base rookies ,that's It.The 16 card packs have three Rated Rookies  each plus some base Rookies.I'm sticking to those. 


4 comments:

  1. Marisa Miller should be in every card set. ... Just my personal opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After a quick google image search,agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. /checks google too......yeah she is ok :)

    I love Donruss football. This would be an interesting design for baseball even without the license.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it would!It would certainly be a brave attempt at re imaging one of the ugliest designs ever.It works with football.

    ReplyDelete