Thursday, May 14, 2015

Remember eTopps?

This was a product that I thoroughly enjoyed ,although I had gotten to the party a little late.I wasn't able to acquire the more popular cards of guys like Pujols and Jeter and by the time Harper's and Trout's eTopps cards released ,I wasn't collecting.Still,I was able to get pretty much every Reyes Mets release and a couple David Wrights.I also had a Yu Darvish WBC in hand that I later sold off to accommodate my action figure habit.In fact,I think I still have an eTopps card In the now extinct database that never got delivered.Oh well.I really liked the looks of these cards and the fact that they came slabbed was a plus.What did you guys think of the program and what eTopps cards are currently in your collections?












10 comments:

  1. I'm very late to the game on eTopps....never collected when they existed. I have one of them of Robin Yount that I bought off eBay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice ! It got pretty damn addicting after a while,hoping you were one of the lucky ones to score a card you wanted before they sold out.Once that happened it was off to ebay to see if someone put theirs up for auction.It was fun,though.

      Delete
  2. I was collecting at the time, but never messed with them much as the time. Over the years I accumulated a few here and there. My prized possession is a McCutchen auto /50 eTopps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont recall the autos Matt.Were those special offers?

      Delete
    2. I had to look it up when I bought it. If my memory serves me correct Topps gave people the ability to buy an auto for a set price as long as the card was in your eTopps portfolio. They came with a COA. Most were numbered high but the COA explains that only a certain about were autographed. From what I've seen most are numbered between 50 to 125.

      I bought mine on eBay. Maybe I should do a post soon about the McCutchen!

      Delete
    3. Oh,thats right!Now i remember ;) I never had a card in my account get selected for the autograph treatment :(

      Delete
  3. I never dabbled in eTopps when they were around, but the one you sent me is indeed a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Theyre great stand alone cards If you decide to take them out of their protective case.Even nicer slabbed imo,with that cool little eTopps sticker seal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have five total in my collection, all Reds of course. I've toyed with the idea of chasing an actual set (either 2008 with the Kershaw, Scherzer and Votto rookies or the classic set) but not sure if I want to invest the time and money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That might not be a bad idea seeing as how there are only 69 cards to track down.

      Delete