Tuesday, August 19, 2014

On The Hunt For An 86 Donruss Canseco RC !

I know what your thinking.I could find it on Ebay for 10 bucks or less without having to go through packs only to come up short all the time.Well ,the reason why I'd rather find an 86 Donruss Canseco in a pack has everything to do with the amounts of counterfeit ones that pop up on Ebay. I recently picked up an 86 Fleer Prospects Canseco and something about It just doesn't seem right.It feels very thin,almost paper like.Not having one to compare it to ,I took the loss and moved on.I don't want the same to happen with the 86 Donruss as it is a card that I've been wanting since childhood and i'd be really bummed if they sent me a counterfeit.I don't trust  the wax packs as those are far from tamper proof and can easily be searched and then repacked.Not only that,but I managed to scoop up this rack pack for 99 cents and 2 bucks shipping,so I took the chance.Rack packs are cool because they are sealed in plastic packaging and even though I suppose they could also be tampered with,i hardly doubt anyone would take the time to do so and then sell the pack for 99 cents.Anyways,my pack was somewhat of a dud as it failed to relinquish the famed Canseco RR card.I did however come away with an awesome second year Puckett and Todd Worrell RR card.These cards are beautiful imo,especially the Rated Rookies.I'm in love with Donruss's 1986 and '87 product.Throw the new Panini 2014 design in there as well.Well,better luck next time I guess when I open up my second Rack Pack of  1986 Donruss baseball cards!




No comments:

Post a Comment