Monday, February 15, 2021

Important Cards From My Childhood

It's been almost a year since I've posted anything on this poor little sports-card blog of mine. Funny how the prospect of  shoveling out of a foot of snow can be just enough of a stressor to get the creative juices flowing again.  I figured a post about an important childhood baseball card was just what I needed to get my mind off of things  and hopefully get the ball rolling again here at the pub. Plus, baseball is super heavy on the mind right now and the season can't start any faster. So here we go...



 By the time I started collecting cards as a kid McGwire was already In his third year In the bigs and making waves.  We knew how important this card was and would often use It to draw interest from possible trade partners. I distinctly remember my buddy Doug waving this card in my face hoping I'd trade away my 1990 Upper Deck Kevin Maas for It. Wasn't happening. I thought Maas would most certainly become the better player. I thought wrong. McGwire would go on to break the single season homerun record and Maas would have to watch from the sidelines as he lasted only 5 years In the majors.     

2 comments:

  1. I remember the days of hoarding Maas cards. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was pretty popular back in the day, Fuji.

    ReplyDelete