Thursday, February 25, 2021

1989 Score #565 - Paul Molitor

I bought alot of 89 Score as a kid. Those little plastic bag-like packs they came in were fun to rip into. I damn near had an entire set If my memory serves me right, but I can't remember ever having this card. Paul Molitor is one of those players I wish I could have seen more of. I think that's why I enjoy his cards so much. Judging by  his numbers , the guy was solid! This is a great looking card. The borders match the Brewers uniform color nicely and the photo captures a locked- in Molitor probably roping a double into left-center. 

2 comments:

  1. Just noticed his career average up to this point was only .299. He ended over .300... which means he had a higher batting average over the 2nd half of his career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's pretty remarkable, Fuji. Some guys can't hit .250 in one season.

    ReplyDelete