Thursday, February 14, 2019

Collecting Cards Of Keith As A Card

Looking through my Mets binder the other day,I came to the realization that I was gonna need more Keith Hernandez In my collection.And then I came to another realization .Keith only played 7 years with the Mets ,spending the bulk of his 17 year career with the Cardinals.After scouring the net for Keith Hernandez cards ,I found myself liking his Cardinals cards more than his Mets cards.Hard to believe that he started his career way back In 1975.In his 1976 Topps  card ,you wouldn't even know It was Hernandez If It wasn't for his name tag on the bottom of the card.This has catapulted way up to my top 5 favorite cards list.


 Safe to say,I am now collecting cards of Keith as  a Card.



4 comments:

  1. Hernandez was a Cardinal when I first started collecting cards so I'll always associate him with the Cardinals first. I also remember his '79 MVP season prominently. ... I'm currently reading his recent book and I'm to the part where he's just been called up to the majors as a Cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I probably have more memories of him with the Mets, if I collected Hernandez, I'd collect him as a Cardinal too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got into baseball In the mid to late 80's ,so at that time Hernandez was somewhat of an established player with the Mets.Crazy to say this but up until a couple of weeks ago ,I had no idea that his career with the Cardinals was so impressive and extensive.His numbers during that MVP season In 79 were off the charts.

      Delete