Sunday, February 28, 2021

1989 Score #175 - Wade Boggs



Boggs was a guy I got to see alot of growing up. I was an A's fan back then so I got a good dose of Red Sox baseball whenever they'd matchup in the playoffs. I always liked his crouch at the plate and the way he'd always look pitches back into the catchers glove. This card captures both of those things beautifully. 

The back of the card shows the standard player mugshot as well as the players jersey number. Something other cards never made us hip to. 

2 comments:

  1. Score (and Sportflics) took card backs to the next level when they arrived on the hobby scene. As for Boggs, I liked Gwynn more than him... but when he was being compared to Mattingly... I was in Wade's corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Mattingly had more pop. I'd like to look at both of their numbers to do a comparison. In the doubles department especially. That 80s decade had so many great lefties.

    ReplyDelete